AAA has announced a collaboration with the rideshare company Lyft to provide mobility services to AAA members and customers. In select markets, AAA and Lyft are offering free rides to customers at certain AAA-owned and -operated car care centers.
Until recently, AAA has offered car care customers complimentary shuttle rides to their destination. Now, with Lyft’s concierge platform, select AAA shops can schedule complimentary Lyft rides for customers traveling to or from these shops. Customers do not need the Lyft app or a smartphone.
This program is currently operating at AAA Car Care Centers in Maryland and select cities* in Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Virginia.
“AAA clubs and Lyft are playing an important role in exploring and testing mobility opportunities,” said Marshall Doney, AAA president and CEO. “Over time, we expect the collaboration to offer additional transportation resources to meet the evolving needs of members.”
* The cities with operating car care programs are …
• Ohio: Beavercreek, Cincinnati, Dayton, Fairfax, Forest Park, Franklin, Harrison, Huber Heights, Lebanon, Maineville, Milford, Perrysburg, Toledo and West Chester
• Pennsylvania: Clifton Heights, Downingtown, Philadelphia, Warminster, Wayne, West Chester and Willow Grove
• Virginia: Fairfax East, Falls Church, Fredericksburg, Glenside, Manassas, Richmond and Swift Creek (Richmond)
• Kentucky: Alexandria, Florence, Ft. Wright, Newport and Walton
• Indiana: Aurora