The Automotive Lift Institute (ALI) board of directors — historically comprised solely of lift manufacturers — now includes a representative from the lift inspection side of the business. It’s Evan Calarco of Total Tool Ltd. in Castleton, NY.
The new associate class of ALI membership was created as part of ALI’s Lift Inspector Certification program that launched in 2012. Any North American organization with at least one ALI-certified lift inspector on staff may join ALI as an associate class member. More than 40 companies have joined ALI as associate class members in the past few months.
ALI’s 2014 board is made up of the following leaders:
• Chairman – Jerome Lentz of Challenger Lifts;
• Douglas Grunnet of Stertil Koni USA;
• Gary Kennon of Rotary Lift Consolidated;
• Jeff Kritzer of Bendpak Inc.;
• Pete Liebetreu of the Hunter Engineering Co.;
• Stet Schanze of the Gray Manufacturing Co.; and
• Bob O’Gorman, ALI president.
In related news, DEKRA — a German company that administers automotive testing, inspection and certification programs worldwide — has committed to exploring ways to work with ALI, with a focus on the group’s certified lift inspector program. This followed a meeting in late 2013 between DEKRA and Gorman.
We encourage you to add your comments below concerning this article.