Carson, CA-based AutoMD.com has released its list of the Top 10 Auto Repair Jobs for 2013. Standard wear and tear jobs dominated, with brake pad replacement coming in at No. 1. (Its list of the top auto repair jobs came from consumers researching and requesting repair estimates with AutoMD Insta-Quotes). Rounding out the list are:
• No. 2: Alternator Replacement;
• No. 3: Water Pump Replacement;
• No. 4: Timing Belt Replacement;
• No. 5: Spark Plugs Replacement;
• No. 6: Fuel Pump Replacement;
• No. 7: Brake Rotor Replacement;
• No. 8: Radiator Replacement;
• No. 9: Engine Mount Replacement; and
• No. 10: Catalytic Converter Replacement.
AutoMD also looked at the average age of the Top 10 most repaired vehicles, which came in at 11 years.
“This Top 10 list is continuing evidence that consumers are holding and repairing their vehicles, and that the vehicles they are driving are lasting and serving their owners well,” said Brian Hafer, vice president of marketing at AutoMD. “We believe that this list is a further testament of the durability of the vehicles on the road today, and that the savvy consumers measured in this list are going online to research and request repair estimates, keeping repair shops and service centers busy as they maintain their vehicles for the long term.”
We encourage you to add your comments below concerning this article.