• AAPEX organizers are hosting automotive instructors on Oct. 31 and Nov. 1 in a new program called Inside AAPEX for Automotive Instructors. Attendees can learn about new technology, meet with manufacturer product managers and trainers, and earn NATEF credit hours. Instructors also will have access to the AAPEX show floor.
• The Car Care Council reports that 100-plus vehicles were inspected Oct. 7 during the inaugural consumer vehicle check-up event the council hosted in conjunction with the Northwood University International Auto Show in Midland, MI.
• Northwood University is reporting that this year’s International Auto Show attracted more than 45,000 visitors. The event was held Oct. 5-7.
• Event organizers say more than 100 shop owners attended the inaugural Mechanical Management Symposium at Automotive Service & Repair Week (ASRW) earlier this month. Based on the success of this program, planners say the session is likely to be repeated in 2013.
• ASRW 2013 is scheduled for Oct. 16-19 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.
We encourage you to add your comments below concerning this article.