• Automotive Service & Repair Week (ASRW) this year will feature concurrent opening general sessions: one for the collision industry and one for the mechanical industry. ASRW will take place Oct. 16-18 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.
• Kevin McCartney, longtime owner of Automotive Support Services in Fresno, CA, will headline the ASRW Opening General Session – Mechanical Industry Forum at 8:00 am on Oct. 17. McCartney will address hidden liabilities and opportunities in fluids and lubricants.
• Hybrid car service/training veteran and technical writer Craig Van Batenburg will present two training seminars at the APRA Big R Show: One on the causes of diminishing MPG in hybrids and one on hybrid battery remanufacturing. The show runs Nov. 2-4 in Las Vegas.
• Registration is now open for the Equipment & Tool Institute’s Winter Tech Week, which will be held Dec. 3-5 at the Hyatt Newport Beach in California.
• Registration is now open for the MACS 2014 Training Event & Trade Show to be held Jan. 16-18 at the Sheraton New Orleans.
We encourage you to add your comments below concerning this article.