Five public high school automotive teachers are among the 18 winners in this year’s “Harbor Freight Tools for Schools Prize for Teaching Excellence” competition — the highest number of automotive winners in the program’s three-year history. The winning automotive teachers each received $35,000 for their schools’ skilled trades programs and $15,000 for themselves. The winners are …
• Joel Massarello of Oakland Science & Technical Campus Northwest in Clarkston, MI;
• Baxter Weed of Cold Hollow Career Center in Enosburg Falls, VT;
• Dennis Johnson of Fallbrook High School in Fallbrook, CA;
• David Lilly of Portsmouth High School in Portsmouth, NH;
• Ken Cox of Redwood High School in Visalia, CA.
“Harbor Freight Tools for Schools” is a program of The Smidt Foundation, established by Harbor Freight Tools founder Eric Smidt to advance skilled trades education in public high schools across the United States.
Harbor Freight Tools is a major supporter of the program. For more information, visit us at harborfreighttoolsforschools.org.