POSITION PURPOSE: The overall purpose of this position is to develop a thorough understanding of each product category thereby guiding channel partners and Old World Industries to profitable growth. This includes determining size and growth of each product category by channel, leveraging current and emerging trends to determine the future of each category, analyzing and mapping entire shopper buying behavior (pre-purchase, purchase drivers, post purchase) and impact of marketing (e.g., merchandising displays, price promotion). This position will provide key insights and recommendations for planogram revisions, product assortment changes, price elasticity, initiatives to drive shopper engagement, and trends in consumer behavior and the automotive industry that will impact the growth of product categories.
DUTIES, TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Determine market size and growth of each product category leveraging various sources such as vehicles in operation, product replacement rates, emerging trends such as EV, autonomous driving etc.
• Leverage point-of-sale (POS) data, market shares, consumer and industry trends and insights to recommend planogram and merchandising revisions, product assortment strategies, pricing and promotional effectiveness, and SKU rationalization to drive category growth.
• Support all aspects of category management including weather tracking and analytics, category assortment recommendations, competitive analysis, assessment of off-shelf displays and price promotions.
• Expert at leveraging customer reporting systems to access POS data, OWI shipment and inventory data for accurate forecasting of SKUs to maintain correct weeks of supply, for enhanced turns and to reduce out-of-stock for each product-line.
• Proactively work with teams to creatively solve business needs with unique and sound ways of applying data. Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced business solutions/initiatives.
• Evaluate performance of all new items and promotional activities to determine impact to category growth.
• Leverage insights and resources using a broad range of data sources and market research to bring new ideas to the category.
• Provide support on customer line reviews and annual planning including new assortment recommendations.
• Support all research initiatives to understand consumer needs, pain points and gaps, identify and quantify emerging consumer segments, develop shopper insights, execute qualitative and quantitative research.
• Provide monthly presentation on category and channel insights to OWI leadership teams.
• Coordinate, execute, analyze, and present findings from research related to category and item-level studies, all geared to driving category growth.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or general business is required.
• Highly analytical, detail oriented and with the ability to integrate data across multiple sources to provide actionable insights.
• Must be results oriented and meet commitments within budget and timelines.
• Ability to present data and the story it tells to influence decision making at both internal and external leadership meetings.
• Skilled user of retailer reporting tools (e.g., Retail Link) and Tableau.
• Experience working with multiple retailers is a plus.
• Experience working with NPD (or similar service such as IRI, Nielsen, etc.).
• Strong, proactive interpersonal, written, verbal communication and team skills.
• Ability to think strategically, scope tasks and set goals.
• Working understanding of consumer and marketplace insights.
• Must have excellent time management skills and be able to multitask.
• Must have demonstrated organization aptitude with an assertive and action orientated work ethic.
• MS Office skills required – Excel and PowerPoint at Advanced level.
Over the course of 48 years, Old World Industries (OWI) has transformed from a small chemical trading company into a multi-billion dollar global powerhouse for the automotive, chemical, and agricultural industries. OWI manages over a dozen leading consumer and commercial brands across 60 countries.
With today’s diverse business requirements, OWI has mastered the challenge of transporting critical products from point A to point B, while always prioritizing speed and reliability. Behind this fast-moving company is its continued commitment to reinvest in its people, processes, and technology. This focus on human capital and innovation has enabled OWI to develop long-term relationships with major retailers, distributors, and suppliers in the business, without any outside investors.
Still family-owned, OWI continues to live up to the vision of its founders, Tom Hurvis and Riaz Waraich – To Have Fun, Make Money.
Apply Here: https://www.owi.com/careers/search-jobs
And send resumes to email@example.com