• Dunn Tire, a Buffalo, NY-based tire retailer and automotive service provider, now offers a layaway program as an option to its long-standing credit card-based financing programs. The program isn’t seasonal; it’s available year round. Dunn Tire has 31 locations from Erie, PA to Syracuse, NY.
• Sunex tools and shop equipment are now available through Summit Racing Equipment (Tallmadge, OH). This includes floor, transmission and bottle jacks; engine hoists; impact sockets, wrenches and chisels; and service carts and accessories.
• Hickok Inc. (Cleveland) says it has received a $1.35-million order for a product for an undisclosed “large automotive OEM.”
• Mopar has added starters and alternators to its remanufactured parts portfolio.
• MACS Worldwide’s flagship textbook, Modern Automotive HVAC Systems, has been translated into Spanish and will be ready for sale at the MACS 2013 Training Event & Trade Show, which will be held Feb. 7-9 in Orlando, FL.
• Transtar Industries has introduced a new warranty plan for its full line of complete automatic and standard transmissions and transfer case units. The Premium Plus Protection plan presents customers with the opportunity to offer a warranty of as many as 36 months or 500,000 miles.
• LKQ’s proprietary InTouch electronic parts ordering system is now integrated into Mitchell RepairCenter via the company’s ToolStore marketplace, making it possible for auto body repair shops to engage with LKQ directly from RepairCenter.
• Starting Jan. 1, the Ford Motor Co. has agreed to provide a free Carfax Vehicle History Report for every Ford and Lincoln certified pre-owned vehicle.
We encourage you to add your comments below concerning this article.