• Tint World has launched an online aftermarket styling accessories store. It allows users to buy products online and get them installed at their local Tint World center. Among the car and truck accessories included on the site are mobile electronics, ground effect kits, custom wheels and performance parts.
• Gates Corp. has debuted an Android version of its Parts Image Capture (PIC) gauge belt wear application, which is designed to measure and evaluate serpentine belt wear. The app was initially released for the iPhone this summer.
• Mighty Auto Parts has developed a campaign to position its customers as specialists in computerized tire pressure maintenance. The goal is to grow sales and profits by raising the profile of TPMS services as part of a shop’s preventive maintenance capabilities.
• The new Mahle Original filters website (www.mahleoriginalfilters.com) includes a tool for shop owners. By inputting a ZIP code, users get the percentage of European vehicles in operation specific to that area.
• The Timken Co.’s aftermarket catalog site, Timkeninfo.com, is now available in Spanish and French. This applies to both the online and mobile versions of the catalog.
• New members joining ASA between now and Dec. 7 will be entered into a drawing to win a $100 Visa gift card.
We encourage you to add your comments below concerning this article.