• A bill has been introduced in the North Carolina House of Representatives to repeal the state’s annual motor vehicle safety inspection program. MEMA and AASA have come out in opposition to the proposed legislation.
• Uni-Select Inc. is rolling out retail digital signage from ScreenScape Networks (Charlottetown, PE) that will connect the company’s network of Canadian installers and wholesalers.
• KOI Auto Parts of Cincinnati has named Rotary Lift as its Equipment Vendor of the Year for 2012. KOI is a Federated Auto Parts member serving repair shops, collision centers, dealerships and retail auto parts customers in Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana and West Virginia. It has a network of 82 stores.
• St. Lucie Battery & Tire, a family owned and operated auto service and tire retail chain in Florida, has grown to 10 locations with the addition of a new shop in the east Florida community of Jensen Beach.
• Maaco has named Pitch Inc. as its advertising agency of record. Culver City, CA-based firm will handle a $20-million campaign with national and local programs.
• Carstar Auto Body Repair Experts has opened its first location in Oklahoma, Jeremiah’s Carstar Collision & Painting in Oklahoma City.
• The PBEPRO website now features PlastiKote product information, data sheets, color guide and MSDS sheets. In the future, PlastiKote instructional videos also will be available for viewing at www.pbepro.com.
• Mitchell 1’s Manager SE shop management system is now integrated with its ProDemand repair, diagnostic and maintenance information program. And, the new version of Manager SE is supported on the new Windows 8 operating system.
• BG Products has introduced an automotive service advisor training website, www.bgcertified.com.
We encourage you to add your comments below concerning this article.