• Kathleen Schmatz, president and CEO of AAIA, has been elected to fill a vacancy on the NASTF board of directors.
• According to Seeking Alpha, Ohio-based Northcoast Research expects Monro Muffler Brake (Rochester, NY) to post better-than-expected earnings per share for the three months ended March 31, 2013 due, in part, to weather-related demand.
• Identifix (Roseville, MN) has added the Direct Quote estimating feature to its online tool, Direct-Hit, at no additional cost to subscribers. Direct Quote provides access to estimating information from Motor.
• RNR Custom Wheels & Tire Express has opened a corporate shop (its ninth corporate location) in Daytona, FL.
• Mitchell 1’s ProDemand repair, diagnostic and maintenance information product now includes VIN entry. The feature is included in the latest product release, which became available to all ProDemand subscribers on April 3.
• Curry’s Auto Service has opened its 10th location. The 16-bay shop is in Leesburg, VA.
• The Four Seasons division of Standard Motor Products (SMP) has added an A/C tune-up page to its website, offering diagnostic inspection worksheets and general troubleshooting procedures.
• Plews & Edelmann is launching new packaging for its Tru-Flate air accessories and tire repair products. The new look — featuring a die-cut plug outline in the upper-right corner of the packaging that matches the profile of the coupler in the package — is designed to resolve purchaser confusion when buying air-line couplers and plugs.
• Service King Collision Repair Centers has acquired three collision repair shops in the Phoenix area from Greulich’s Automotive Services.
We encourage you to add your comments below concerning this article.