• Brakes Plus, in partnership with Universal Lubricants, now collects used oil and filters from its 51 locations in Colorado, Texas, Nevada, Wyoming and Iowa.
• Jiffy Lube International has named Atlantic Coast Enterprises as its franchisee of the year. Atlantic Coast owns and operates 50 Jiffy Lube shops in Tampa, Miami and West Palm Beach, FL, as well as Myrtle Beach, SC.
• The Tire Industry Association (TIA) is reporting that the total number of registered exhibitors for the 2013 Global Tire Expo has already exceeded the 2012 total. The expo will be held during the SEMA Show, taking place Nov. 5-8 in Las Vegas.
• AccessorizeYourVehicle.com now offers product installations in the Orange County, California area. Installations can be scheduled at a customer’s home, work or elsewhere.
• Dan Risley, ASA executive director, has joined the Automotive Management Institute (AMI) board of trustees, assuming the association’s permanent board position.
• Universal Technical Institute (UTI) has formalized an agreement with General Motors to develop a 12-week elective training program for UTI students. Curriculum will be developed in partnership between UTI, GM and Raytheon Professional Services, GM’s training partner.
• K.W. Mechanical of Whitecourt, Alberta has been named the Truck Service Expert (TSE) of the Year by HDA Truck Pride.
We encourage you to add your comments below concerning this article.