Sea Foam, www.seafoamworks.com, is a leading manufacturer and nationwide distributor of petroleum-based fuel additives and other performance and appearance products for the automotive aftermarket. Our core focus is products and opportunities that give second chances to engines, equipment and people.
We are looking for an accomplished Vice President of National Sales to join our growing team to expand distribution and sales of Sea Foam products throughout various channels to include aftermarket retailers, heavy-duty truck, marine, farm, hardware, C-store, motorsports and small engine. The position may be more appropriately called a “sales evangelist” in that we are seeking a person whose passion for sales is infectious and whose natural inclination is to share the good news of Sea Foam products and the values that drive the company and instill that passion in others.
We are looking for an experienced business professional who has knowledge of selling and preparing for yearly product reviews at national big box and auto aftermarket retailers and has good relationships with key accounts. The position contributes to the company’s overall strategic and operational success, collaborating directly with the leadership team in creating, leading and managing our sales strategy and sales team. This position requires an individual who is both strategic and tactical.
Interested applicants may forward a cover letter and resume to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the business as a member of the company’s leadership team with primary responsibility to develop sales strategies to increase domestic customer base and sales.
- Execute strategic plans to achieve sales targets and expand sales to existing and new customers.
- Serve as the primary point of contact in managing relationships and partnerships to include category managers and buyers of major customers.
- Develop ongoing sales training programs for independent reps and company sales team on product portfolio, product demonstrations and the company’s go-to-market policies and strategies.
- Responsible for recruiting, coaching and performance managing of the company’s sales team.
- Collaborate with other functional units to include marketing, operations, finance and legal.
- Nurture and manage the company’s relationships with our multi-line rep agencies.
- Establish best practices for trade shows and customer meetings.
- Organize and lead bi-annual national sales team meetings.
- Lead, coordinate and optimize sales team to expand on existing CRM and exceed targeted projections, by identifying and converting customer prospects.
- Negotiate customer agreements and approve the appropriate customer use of company-provided advertising funds.
- Travel as needed for sales team mentoring and training, trade show participation and customer meetings.
- Drive sales objectives and projected quarterly and yearly sales targets.
- Participate in product development from inception to introduction to customers.
- Analyze industry market trends, products and pricing.
- Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and encourage others.
The preferred candidate for this position will be detail-oriented, problem-solving and self-directed. This individual will be an active and innovative member of a team where you can make a large impact. We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team!
The successful candidate will have:
- Financial acumen and understanding of pricing, margins and inventory management.
- Ability to influence our customer category managers and buyers through relationship building and dissemination of useful and compelling information, forecasts and presentations.
- Proven track record of building and growing sales with year over year growth.
- Experience developing and/or administering sales training programs
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Strong written and outstanding verbal communication skills.
- Executive presence and demeanor.
- Ability to travel.
- Functional knowledge with basic office software (Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams, etc.).
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills.
- Record of teamwork, respect, integrity, passion, and positive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to lead high-performance teams and to prioritize in a fast-paced environment with superb attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, disability and life insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs