The TechForce Foundation has announced the winners of its inaugural Techs Rock Awards, which recognize working technicians who are striving to mentor and inspire the next generation of techs, bring excellence to their workplaces and communities, and demonstrate passion and commitment to the profession.
According to the foundation, more than 250 techs were nominated in one of five categories. Each winner will receive a $1,000 tool voucher sponsored by Snap-on. The winners are …
• “Pay it Forward,” Michael Cole of Kunes Country Ford (Delavan, WI).
• “Rookie of the Year,” Andrew Fields of Rob Sight Ford (Kansas City, MO).
• “Die Hard Tech,” Erik Craddock of Firestone Complete Auto Care (Appleton, WI).
• “Outstanding Mentor,” Shane Conley of Suzuki Motors of America (Brea, CA).
• “Barrier Buster,” Wayne Quiggins of Southern Cycles (Apopka, FL).
The five winners proceeded on to an online “People’s Choice” competition in which more than 30,000 votes were cast. The one-week, public vote resulted in Cole becoming the grand-prize winner. He will receive airfare and hotel accommodations to attend the TechForce Foundation Summit at Auto Week 2019 in Scottsdale, AZ.