• Herb Anderson is now a sales executive with AutoVitals. His background includes time as a field sales rep for Alldata.
• David Byrd of Goldsboro, NC is the Mitchell 1 2013 Educator of the Year. Byrd has been an automotive instructor in the applied technologies division at Wayne Community College in Goldsboro for 14 years.
• Kevin Borchert from Racine, WI is the 2013 Mitchell 1 Automotive Technology Outstanding Student. Borchert is enrolled in the automotive technician associate degree program at the Milwaukee Area Technical College and is expected to finish in 2014. His career goal is to work as a professional technician at an aftermarket repair facility that installs and repairs performance equipment.
• AAMCO Transmission and MAACO Collision Repair & Auto Painting founder the late Tony Martino is being posthumously inducted into the International Franchise Association Hall of Fame. Martino died in 2008.
• Cygnus Business Media has named Tom Neil publisher of Fleet Maintenance magazine. Neil most recently was group director of integrated sales at Penton Media, where he led sales efforts for Fleet Owner and American Trucker.
We encourage you to add your comments below concerning this article.